Markets – Global & India
- The US Markets were mixed from flat 0.03% to negative 0.46%.
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $99 per barrel.
- India’s Market Cap to GDP ratio currently stands at 106%.
- India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.38% and US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 2.96%.
- Rupee at 79.88 per dollar.
- Rate hike fears weak bank earnings bite US Markets.
- UAE’s investment in India can increase its food yields threefold in just 5 years says, US President Biden. UAE will invest $2 billion in India under the framework of the 4 Nation grouping ‘I2U2’ which stands for India, Israel, UAE, and the USA.
- Dollar Index at 109, 17% Up in the last 1 year.
- Global Recession fears may ease inflationary pressure says Government Report.
- India can weather turbulence without damage to credit ratings says S&P.
- June WPI Inflation cools to 5.18% from May’s 4-Decade high levels.
- Inflation in Asia Pacific economies to subside early as per Moody’s Analytics.
- LIC Embedded Value flat at Rs. 5.41 Lakh Cr., VNB Margin rises to 15.1%.
- ACC June Quarter Net Profit down by 60% to Rs.227 Cr., Revenue rises by 15%. EBITDA Margin is down by 13% YoY and 5% QoQ, due to power and fuel costs 26% Up QoQ.
- L&T Infotech Net Profit rises 28% YoY in Q1FY23. Margin at 14% down from 14.8% in Q4FY22. The attrition rate at 23.8% from 24%. Employee Cost at 63% of Revenue vs. 58% in Q4FY22.
- Bharti Airtel approves preferential allotment of 7.11 Cr. Shares to Google at Rs. 734 per share.
- Rising Interest Rates and inflation affect affordable housing finance companies’ growth as per the report.
- Torrent Power bags Rs. 2,600 Cr. Wind Energy project in Karnataka from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)