Daily Stock Market News Snippets- 19 April 20221 min read
1) The US markets were down by 0.02% to 0.04%.
2) The Brent Crude Oil Prices are currently at $113 per barrel.
3) The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is currently trading at around 2.85%. While India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is currently trading at 7.15%.
4) Wholesale Price Index (WPI) Inflation is at around 14.55% which is at the second-highest level since 2004.
5) As per the reports, L&T Infotech and Mindtree may be merged to create a $22 billion firm.
6) Stock Market is under pressure because of earnings setbacks and inflation data.
7) Loans to be costlier as banks hike rates. SBI, Axis Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank revise MCLR upward. MCLR is the marginal cost of funds based on the Lending Rate.
8) India’s Good Export up 37% at $18.79 billion till Mid-April.
9) Over 1,67,000 businesses were set up in FY22 which is the highest in the last 3 years. Figures for business set-up in FY20 were 1,22,721 and 1,55,377 in FY21.
10) Highway work declines over 20% in FY22 owing to covid and rains conditions.
11) As per the RBI report, the Indian Economy is not immune to negative externalities.
12) As per the Iron Pillar Report, India will have over 250 Unicorns by the year 2025.