Daily Stock Market News Snippets- 19 August 20222 min read
Markets – Global & India
- The US Markets were up by around 0.08% to 0.21%
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $96 per barrel.
- India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.24% and US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 2.89%.
- Rupee at 79.76 per dollar.
- US Economy slowing and could face a recession by end of the year.
- US Home sales fall again in July as the housing slowdown deepens.
- Goldman Sachs and Nomura downgrade China GDP forecasts as outlook darkens
- Government cuts windfall profit tax on domestic crude oil to 13,000 per tonne.
- Inflation still elevated, may warrant policy response: RBI article
- India adds record 7.2 GW solar capacity in Jan-Jun 2022: Mercom India
- India’s worst period of macro instability possibly over: Morgan Stanley
- 1% of India’s adult population likely to be millionaires by 2030: Report
- Net Profit of banks rose 37.1% to Rs. 44,048 Cr. in Q1FY23: BoB report.
- Tata Power subsidiary raises Rs. 2,000 Cr. in green energy push.
- JK Tyre is bullish on demand, and hikes prices by 6%-7% to offset higher input costs.
- No fuss, no follow-up: Sunil Mittal praises the government on spectrum allocation.
- Tata Motors to supply 921 electric buses to BMTC, inks 12-year contract.
- India’s market capitalization hits a new record high of Rs. 280.5 Lakh Cr.
- SBI Life hits a new high, rallies 24% in 2 months on strong business outlook.
- Blackstone sells a 13.6% stake in auto component maker Sona BLW for Rs. 4,000 Cr.
- India Inc. taps banks again as credit demand picks up.
- Tata Consumer eyes significant profits in 3 years from food business.
- Switch Mobility sees the e-bus market tripling to 6,000 units next year.
- Maruti Suzuki unlikely to reach 100% production levels in Q2 despite easing chip shortage, says official
- Jio gained 4.2 million new users in June, Airtel added 0.79 million: TRAI
- Airtel hits 3-month high; up 4% in 2 days on Rs 8,000 Cr. 5G spectrum payment