Markets – Global & India
- The US Markets were down by around 3.57% to 4.76% on Wednesday.
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $108 per barrel,
- The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 2.87% while India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.35%.
- India’s Market Cap to GDP ratio currently stands at 106%
- Nifty50 PE Ratio is at 20.09 and Sensex PE is at 22.21.
Currency & Dollar Index:
- Indian Rupee currently stands at Rs. 77.63 per dollar.
- The dollar index is at 103.55 from the earlier 103.49
- SEBI lens on retail participation in the F&O segment; worried about inexperienced investors burning their fingers; may regulate.
- At $19.61 billion, outward remittances via Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) hit an all-time high in FY22. Abroad Trave and Education are the major reasons.
- RBI tells banks amid global turmoil to take proactive mitigating measures.
- India is better placed among emerging economies both for portfolio (FPI) and direct (FDI) investments: CEA Nageswaran
- S&P cuts FY23 India growth forecast to 7.3% from 7.8% on rising inflation.
- UK Inflation is at 9% jumping to a 40-year peak.