Daily Stock Market News Snippets- 19 October 20221 min read
Markets – Global & India
- The US Markets were up by 0.90% to 1.14%
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $89 per barrel.
- India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.43% and US’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 4.01%.
- Rupee at 82.23 per dollar.
- Fed rate hike, inflation could drive the US economy into a 1990-style recession, Fitch warns.
- US’ new export controls on chips shake China’s semiconductor industry.
- Soaring US Dollar spreads pain worldwide cost of living increases.
- Despite economic recovery, real rural wage growth remains flat in FY23.
- India-Russia JV hopes for $5 billion in supersonic missile exports by 2025.
- India’s policy hawk sees the end of aggressive hikes amid growth fears.
Stock Specific News:
- NSE floats consultation on index components ahead of HDFC-HDFC Bank merger.
- Tata Motors bags order for 200 e-buses; to be deployed in Jammu, Srinagar.
- Tata Elxsi dips 14% in 2 days, hits 3-month low past weak Q2 revenue growth.
- Polycab India’s Q2 net profit jumps 37% to Rs. 270 Cr., and revenue is up by 10.8%.
- Nifty’s dollar returns trumped global indices over the last decade.
- M&As hit a record on HDFC, Adani, and LTI-Mindtree deals at $148 billion till September 2022.
- Competition for funds drives SBI to hike the savings deposit rate by 30 bps.
- Jio overtakes BSNL to become the largest landline service provider in August.