Daily Stock Market News Snippets- 25 May 20222 min read
Here are the Top Stock Market News Snippets of 25th May 2022
Markets – Global & India
- US Markets showed mixed reactions where the market was in a negative zone to the positive zone of around -2.35% to +0.15%.
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $111 per barrel,
- The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 2.76% while India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.36%.
- India’s Market Cap to GDP ratio currently stands at 107%
- Nifty50 PE Ratio is at 19.87 and Sensex PE is at 22.03.
Currency & Dollar Index:
- Indian Rupee currently stands at Rs. 77.51 per dollar.
- The dollar index is at 101.76 from the earlier 102.15
- Quad leaders agree to extend over $50 Billion of Infra Assistance in the Indo-Pacific Region.
- Exports rise 21% to $23.7 billion during May 1-21 2022. There is healthy growth in Petroleum products and electronic goods.
- The government allows duty-free import of 20 Lakh tonne per year of crude soybean and sunflower oil.
- Centre orders export cap on Sugar Sector.
- Public Sector Banks (PSBs) to pay Rs. 8,000 Cr. dividend to centre.
- RBI Retail Direct Plan gets a tepid response. In the first 6 months, there are investments of Rs. 96 Cr. in G-Sec.
- Zomato eyes profitability without further dilution.
- Grasim Industries doubles CAPEX to Rs. 10,000 Cr. to set up paints business.
- 4 Future Group Companies to not release results for January-March Quarter.
- GIS Singapore to invest Rs. 2,195 Cr. in Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail. Retail Sector. The Apparel business is having good growth prospects on account of the growing middle class, young population, rising disposable income, and increasing aspiration for brands.