Markets – Global & India
- US Markets were up by around 1.61% to 2.68%.
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $114 per barrel,
- The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 2.76% while India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.29%.
- India’s Market Cap to GDP ratio currently stands at 107%
- Nifty50 PE Ratio is at 19.88 and Sensex PE is at 22.03.
Currency & Dollar Index:
- Indian Rupee currently stands at Rs. 77.63 per dollar.
- The dollar index is at 101.71 from the earlier 102.06
- US Economy contracted by 1.5% in Q1, but consumers kept spending.
- Total FPI outflows at Rs. 2 Lakh Cr. since October 2021, more than 40,000 Cr. in May 2022.
- Moody’s slashes India’s CY22 GDP growth forecast by 30 bps to 8.8% but maintains the CY23 forecast at 5.4%
- BPCL’s strategic disinvestment was called off. The government says bidders backed off with the oil/gas sector hit by the geopolitical situation.
- Bets shift to dividend yield stocks amid market jitters.
- Cheaper steel to delay auto price hikes, but no cut likely.
- SJVN inks pact with Tata Power Solar System for 1,000 MW Solar Project, will invest Rs. 5,500 Cr.
- ONGC to invest Rs. 31,000 Cr. over the next 3 years in finding oil & gas. ONGC to sell the stake seeks global oil firm’s help to develop oil fields.