Daily Stock Market News Snippets- 5 April 20221 min read
1) The US markets were up by around 0.30% to 1.9% yesterday.
2) Elon Musk took a stake of 9.2% in Twitter. Stock to Twitter closed up by around 20%.
3) The Brent Crude Oil price is trading at around $109 per barrel.
4) The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield rate is hovering at around 2.39%.
5) HDFC Limited to merge with HDFC Bank
6) Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) stands at 54 dropping from the level of 54.9.
7) Indian Oil, L&T, and ReNew join hands for Green Hydrogen. The government has set a target of 5 million tonnes of Green Hydrogen per year by the year 2030.
8) Demand for corporate term loans sees a pickup. Here Infra Project loans grew 12% YoY to Rs. 11.9 Lakh Cr. in February 2022.
9) India’s Trade Deficit widens by 87.5% to a record $192 billion. The merchandise import bill was at around $610 billion and the merchandise export was ~$418 billion.
10) Deutsche Bank’s CEO foresees recession if Russia Oil is cut off.
11) Vodafone raises its stake in Vi to 47.61% from 44.39% through its subsidiary ‘Prime Metals’.
12) Indian Finance Minister said that retail investors absorbed the shock of FIIs/FPI’s exit.
13) After 715 days, India reports less than 1000 daily fresh Covid-19 cases.
14) Paytm Payments Bank is still to appoint a firm for IT Audit.