1) The US Markets were down by around 3.12% to 4.99%.
2) The Brent crude oil price is currently at around $110 per barrel.
3) The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is hovering at 3.04% while India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.40%.
4) bank of England flagged a possible recession and double-digit inflation.
5) Oil prices rose after OPEC only modestly hiked production targets.
6) Banks start raising their lending rates for external benchmark loans.
7) Tata Motors bets on electrification in small CVs, drives in e-version of Ace. Also bags order of 39,000 units from E-Com players.
8) 45% growth in active internet users in Rural India since the year 2019.
9) Government targets 18,000 KM highway construction in FY23, at the run rate of 50 KM per day, says Nitin Gadkari.
10) E-Way bill generation dips in April; may hit May’s GST Collection. There were 7.52 Cr. E-Way bills in April compared to 7.8 Cr. E-Way bills in March 2022.
11) Central Bank of India is set to close 13% of its branches (~600 branches).
12) Edtech firm Vedantu lays off 200 employees.