Markets – Global & India
- US Markets were up by around 0.80% to 0.95%.
- The Brent Crude Oil price is currently at $120 per barrel,
- The US 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 2.99% while India’s 10-Year G-Sec Yield is at 7.52%.
- India’s Market Cap to GDP ratio currently stands at 107%.
- Nifty PE ratio at 20.30 and Sensex PE ratio at 22.48.
- Rupee at 77.67 per dollar while US Dollar index at 102.42.
- World Bank slashes global growth forecast to 2.9%, warns of stagflation.
- Dollar hits two-decade high against Yen.
- Fundamentals of Oil weaken, witness 1st surplus since June 2020 as per Goldman Sachs. There is a modest decline in Russian Exports, records large sales by strategic petro reserve, and severe Chinese Lockdowns.
- World Bank cut India’s Economic Growth forecast to 7.5% for FY23.
- Bank Credit grows by 11.44% to Rs. 120 Lakh Cr. and deposits by 9.27% to Rs. 165.74 Cr.
- Hiring Demand up 9% in May 2022 led by Telecom, BFSI, and Import-Export Sectors.
- Government to monetize assets worth Rs. 75,200 Cr. in Coal Mining Sector in FY23.
- Adani Group plans wholesale e-commerce and sourcing of Groceries and household goods tie-up with Flipkart.
- SBI steps up infra financing on signs of a pickup in private CAPEX.
- PolicyBazaar owner PB Fintech’s shares slump 11.5% as the CEO divests holdings.
- Adani Group, and Apollo are in talks to buy a majority stake in Metropolis.
- Future Group, its promoters ‘Orchestrated & Committed’ Fraud, says Amazon.
- LIC’s mega Rs. 21,000 Cr. does little to lift the demat account tally in May 2022.
- HDFC Bank hikes lending rates by 0.35%; 2nd hike in two months.