How to get an e-PAN Card? How to apply for an e-PAN card? How to download a PAN card with an acknowledgment number? The government of India has taken the initiative to provide instant Permanent Account Number (PAN) to Indian Citizens. Let us understand the procedure.
How to get a free e-PAN Card immediately? The government of India has taken the initiative to provide instant Permanent Account Number (PAN) to Indian Citizens. The facility can be availed on the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website. Let us understand how you can get an e instant PAN card within 15 minutes and gather some PAN card knowledge.
The Indian Income Tax Department issues e permanent account number e PAN card to help uniquely identify e PAN income taxpayers. It is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code given to all taxpayers. The primary objective of PAN is to use a universal identification key to track financial transactions that might have a taxable component to prevent tax evasion. Thus, it helps the Income Tax Department track and trace such transactions and ensure taxes are paid correctly. PAN enables taxpayers to carry on various financial transactions easily. The e-PAN card image also serves as identity proof. PAN is mandatory for financial transactions such as receiving taxable salary or professional fees, selling or purchasing assets above specified limits, buying mutual funds, and more. The PAN number remains unaffected by a change of address throughout India.
e-PAN is a PAN card with a digital signature issued in an electronic format. One can get e-PAN card by using Aadhaar e-KYC. However, one should note that they receive a 15-digit number after applying, which is generated once the online instant PAN application is successfully submitted. One can also use this number to keep a tab on the e-Filing Portal.
Features of e-PAN Card
- The provisions relating to Digital PAN Card are under Section 139A (8) (c) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- This facility is available only for Individuals.
- Digital PAN Card is 100% Valid Proof.
- The Income Tax Department has stated that an individual’s demographics like Name, Date of Birth and other details will be there.
- It will also contain an enhanced QR code which can be utilised for PAN verification if the mode is off-line.
- Biometrics of an individual- signature and scanned photo will also be there.
- Applicant must have a valid Aadhar Card to get e-PAN. The income tax e-PAN card facility is available for those with an Aadhar number issued by UIDAI.
- Your Aadhar must have your Full Date of Birth other updated and correct details.
- To avail of this facility, you will have to ensure that you have registered your mobile number in the Unique Identification Authority of India’s (UIDAI) database.
- The age of the applicant should be 18 years or more.
How to get instant PAN through aadhaar status – A Step by step Guide for instant PAN card e filing.
- Visit Income Tax Department’s e-filing website. Click on instant e PAN card apply through Aadhar and apply e-PAN Card through Aadhar Card.
- Click on ‘Get New PAN’ or e PAN apply online.
- Enter your Aadhar Number and Captcha Code.
- Click on ‘Generate Aadhar OTP.’
- Enter the OTP received, and the instant PAN Application window will be opened. All the details in the e PAN Application (Like, Name, address, contact details, etc.) will be auto-filled. You cannot change any of the parties.
- Verify your Mobile Number and Email ID through OTP for e PAN verification.
- Enter the OTP. Next, your online e PAN card application form will be submitted. Once the application form is submitted, you will receive a 15 Digit Acknowledgement Number.
- After 15-20 minutes, again visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Then, click on Instant PAN Through Aadhar.
- Click on the e PAN card check status/ e PAN card status download at the e PAN portal.
- Enter the Aadhar Number & Captcha Code. Then, click ‘Submit’, and the status of your e-PAN online Card shall appear.
If e KYC PAN card is allotted to you, instant e PAN card download can be done in a few minutes. The image of your e PAN card status download will appear like this :
QR Code in the PAN card contains all your information like –
- Full name
- Residential Address
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number etc.
You can use your e-PAN for many purposes, like making a tax payment or filing a tax return, opening a bank account or investment account, and applying for credit or debit cards.