A Step by Step Guide to Get New Free e-PAN Card within 15 minutes (Permanent Account Number)
How to get free e-PAN Card instantly? Government of India has taken an initiative to provide instant Permanent Account Number (PAN) to the Indian Citizens. The facility can be availed on the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website. Let us understand the procedure how you can get e-PAN card within 15 minutes.
How to Get Instant e-PAN Card?
Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- PAN is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department to help uniquely identify tax payers. It is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code issued to all taxpayers.
- The primary objective of PAN is to use a universal identification key to track financial transactions that might have a taxable component to prevent tax evasion.
- Thus, it helps the Income Tax Department track and trace such transactions and ensure taxes are paid correctly.
- PAN enables taxpayers to easily carry on various financial transactions
- It also serves as an identity proof.
- PAN is mandatory for financial transactions such as receiving taxable salary or professional fees, sale or purchase of assets above specified limits, buy mutual funds and more.
- The PAN number remains unaffected by change of address throughout India.
What is e-PAN Card?
- e-PAN is a PAN card with a digital signature and is issued in an electronic format. One can get an e-PAN by using Aadhaar e-KYC.
- One should note that after an applicant has applied, he or she receives a 15-digit acknowledgement number.
- This number is generated once the online PAN application is successfully submitted. One can also use this number to keep a tab on e-Filing Portal.
Features of e-PAN Card
- The provisions relating to Digital PAN Card are under Section 139A (8) (c) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- This facility is available only for Individuals.
- Digital PAN Card is 100% Valid Proof.
- The Income Tax Department has stated that an individual’s demographics like Name, Date of Birth and other details will be there.
- It will also contain an enhanced QR code which can be utilized for PAN verification if mode is off-line.
- Biometrics of an individual- signature and scanned photo will also be there.
Eligibility to Obtain Digital PAN Card
- Applicant must have a valid Aadhar Card. e-PAN facility is available for all those who have an Aadhar number issued by UIDAI.
- Your Aadhar must have your Full Date of Birth, other updated and correct details.
- To avail this facility, you will have to make sure that you have registered your mobile number in the Unique Identification Authority of India’s (UIDAI) database.
- Age of the applicant should be 18 years or more.
Steps to Obtain Digital PAN Card
2. Click on ‘Get New PAN’
3. Enter your Aadhar Number and Captcha Code
4. Click on ‘Generate Aadhar OTP’
5. Enter the OTP received and PAN Application window will be opened. All the details in the PAN Application, (Like, Name, address, contact details, etc) will be auto-filled. You cannot change any of the details.
6. Verify your Mobile Number and Email ID through OTP.
7. Enter the OTP. Your PAN application form will be submitted. Once the application form is submitted, you will receive a 15 Digit Acknowledgement Number.
8. After 15-20 minutes, again visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Click on Instant PAN Through Aadhar.
Click on Check Status / download PAN
Enter the Aadhar Number & Captcha Code. Click ‘Submit’ and status of your e-PAN Card shall appear.
If PAN is allotted to you, then download the PAN Card. Your Digital PAN will appear like this :
What is the relevance of QR Code?
- QR Code in the PAN card contains all your information like –
- Full name
- Residential Address,
- Date of Birth,
- Aadhar Number etc.