Stock Portfolio Based on Children Consumption Theme
In this article, we are going to discuss 5 Stocks for Your Kids on Children’s Day Special. You can use a Stock portfolio based on children consumption theme to build your children’s portfolio to meet their long-term financial goals.
5 Stocks for Your Kids on Children’s Day Special
- As we all know Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November in India. So, on the occasion of Children’s Day, we are trying to construct a stock portfolio according to the Children consumption theme.
- We always suggest you to invest in consumption driven companies or businesses. It is because you use these products over the many years and this consumption theme is going to continue for many years in the future also in your routine life.
- We are applying the same logic in the children products also. What are the products used by children, which businesses are listed is all that we are going to discuss in this article.
- Can we build such kind of portfolio for the children containing these children products stocks? It can be used meet the long-term financial goals of your children such as graduation, post graduation and marriage etc. You should always approach your financial advisor before taking any investment related decisions.
- If you have not yet done children education planning, you can create a basic financial plan on our website. It is absolutely free.
Let see which are these 5 stocks for your kids.
1. Kokuyo Camlin Ltd
- Kokuyo Camlin Ltd is engaged in manufactures and trades in scholastic products, writing instruments, notebooks, marker pens, inks, fine-art colours and accessories, hobby colours, pencils and other stationery products.
- In May 2011, Kokuyo Company Limited of a Japanese business house Kokuyo group acquired a controlling stake in Camlin Limited. And thus the name of the company has now been changed to Kokuyo Camlin Limited.
- A strong brand has been already created by Camlin with a kind of monopoly in inks, fine-art colours and accessories, pencils and the other stationary products. It is having more than 50% market share in the stationary products used by Children.
- Market Capitalization = Rs.720 Cr, Small cap company. However, the business is steady growth driven and is going to have a stable earnings.
- With a kind of promotions to the children from their parents for art oriented career options nowadays, such businesses are going to have great days ahead.
2. Nestle India Ltd
- Nestle India Ltd is an India-based company engaged in food business. It is one the biggest players in FMCG segment which has a presence in milk & nutrition, beverages, prepared dishes & cooking aids & chocolate & confectionery segments.
- Nestle has created brands like Nestlé Milkmaid, Nestlé Everyday, Maggi Noodles, Maggi Soups, Polo, Kit Kat, Nescafe & many more.
- As per the market-wise position Nestlé stands first in instant noodles & ketchups, second in healthy soups, No.1 in instant coffee, & No.2 in overall chocolate category.
- Market Capitalization = Rs.1.37 Lakh Cr, Large cap company.
- With the increase in the disposable income, the instant premium consumption food consumption theme is going to build ahead. So, the company is getting a good earnings growth visibility in future.
- Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care is engaged in the manufacturing and selling of branded packaged fast moving consumer goods in the femcare and healthcare businesses.
- Pampers and Vicks are the two key products of P&G with respect to the kids. Both the brands are having a great penetration and market share.
- Superior product propositions and technological innovations have enabled P&G to achieve market leadership in a majority of categories it is present in.
- Market Capitalization = Rs.35,645 Cr. The positive impact of corporate tax rate cut is supporting to enhance the profitability of the company.
4. MRF – Funskool & Sports
- Funskool is India’s leading toy manufacturing company promoted by the MRF group. It has been pioneering the concepts of quality and safety in toys and has been instrumental in raising the quality standards of toys in the Indian Market.
- The Funskool consistently create toys that become the firm favorites of children across the world by understanding the changing needs of children over the years.
- The Indian toys industry will continue to see revolutionary changes. So Funskool will continue to be in the forefront of this dynamic environment, offering the best learning and entertainment options to children in this world.
- Market Capitalization = Rs.27,000 Cr, Mid cap stock. Along with the more than 505 market share in Tyre business, the company is trying to develop a cash flow granual with Funskool brand.
5. ITC Ltd
- ITC has a diversified presence in FMCG, Hotels, Packaging, Paperboards & Specialty Papers and Agri-Business. But as concerned with the children products, it is expanding its business in stationary and paperboards.
- It has built a premium brand of notebooks – Classmate. An exquisite range of finely crafted professional stationery – Paperkraft.
- ITC’s paperboards’ technology, productivity, quality and manufacturing processes are comparable to the best in the world, under the brand
- Market Capitalization = Rs.3.12 Lakh Cr, Large cap stock.