Short Stock Analysis of Tata Motors Ltd
Tata Motors is making all the right turns in FY21. Rising demand for personal mobility reported more than 15% year-on-year growth in Sales Volume of Tata Motors in FY21 so far (April-November). Let us do short analysis of Tata Motors stock in this blog.
Tata Motors Stock Analysis
Tata Motors beating the industry average auto sales
- Company has outpaced industry sales growth despite 2 months complete lock down in April’20 and May’20.
- This growth is mainly on the back of new top performing utility vehicles like Nexon and Harrier and Hatchbacks like Tiago and Altroz.
- Company has taken aggressive advertising of these launches which has translated into healthy sales.
- Currently, company has an order book of 30,000 – 35,000 units mainly for Altroz, Tiago and Nexon.
Performance in FY21
- From April’20 – Nov’20, company recorded sales of 1.13 lakh vehicles, recording a 15% YoY growth. Also with company’s target to sell >25,000 units every month by Q4FY21, it is expected that company will record a volume growth of 30-40% in FY21.
Strong Gain in Market Share
- Along with robust volume growth, company has also gained market share in recent times.
- Currently company has third largest market share of 8% in Auto industry, with Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai at first and second position respectively.
- Also if we consider only the passenger and utility vehicles, company’s market share is > 10% with robust sales of Nexon, Harrier, Tiago, Altroz, etc.
- Company has undertaken robust sales of >20,000 units every month in the last 3 consecutive months and it is targeting sales of >25,000 units every month by Q4FY21.
- Another ambitious target that the company has is to sell >40,000 units per month is next fiscal year i.e FY22.
- Company is planning to fulfill this target by making two new launches in the next year i.e Hornbill ,which is a new Micro SUV and Gravitas which is a top-of-the line SUV.
- Company’s future outlook looks bright on the back of pent up demand as well as rising demand for personal mobility.
- Also the increased preference of consumers towards safety feature is auguring well for company’s sales.