Which Fund is a good substitute to Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund?2 min read
In this article, we will be discussing a fund that is a great alternative to Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund for lumpsum investment
About Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund:
- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund is an open-ended scheme that invests in Large and Mid-Cap Stocks.
- The Fund is being managed by Mr. Neelesh Surana, since the inception of the fund.
- This fund is one of the best performing funds across all the categories and is an outlier in its (Large and Mid-Cap Category) in terms of performance.
- One factor in this fund that might not be good news for the investors is that one cannot invest in the lumpsum manner in this fund and also the maximum Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) limit is Rs. 2,500.
- Also, it does not accept any new investments.
Alternative to Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund:
- In the Portfolio Overlap feature of Fund-o-meter of Investyadnya, we found that Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund is a great alternative to the former-Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund.
- Firstly, Mr. Neelesh Surana is the fund manager in Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund.
- Since it is Equity Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS) fund it falls in the multi-cap category.
- When both the funds- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund and Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund we found that there was 88% similarity between both the funds. There were 54 Common Stocks in both the funds.
- In Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund, there are 69 stocks in the fund out of which 15 stocks were uncommon in Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund. While, there are 64 stocks in Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund, and 10 stocks are uncommon in them.
- Further, there is a similar allocation of stocks in both funds.
What Should Investors Do?
Both the Mirae Asset Funds are well-performing but the Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund comes with a 3-year lock-in period since it is an ELSS fund. Hence one should keep in mind this factor if proceeding to invest in this fund.
Disclaimer: The information here is provided for reference purposes only and should not be misconstrued as investment advice. Under no circumstances does this information represent are commendation to buy or sell stocks or MF.